Nordic Mining was incorporated 8 may 2006 through the de-merger of Rocksource’s business within exploration of metals and minerals.
Rocksource transferred all its assets and liabilities related to mining and minerals to Nordic Mining. This include perpetual, global rights to utilize Rocksource’s advanced electromagnetic technology(EM-technology) within the mining industry and ownership interests in 4 gold mining licenses in Ecuador.
In September 2006, Nordic Mining acquired 9 mineral claims to the Engebøfjellet rutile deposit from Conoco Phillips Investment Norway AS. Final concession for the acquisition were given by Norwegian authorities in January 2007.
Nordic Mining acquired a majority shareholding (85%) in Gudvangen Stein AS in 2007 and the remaining 15% of the shares in 2009. Gudvangen Stein has operational mining activity producing industrial and aggregate products from an underground mine. In June 2008, Nordic Mining acquired 68% of the shares in Keliber Oy, a Finnish company having the rights and plans for extraction and production of Lithium carbonate in Finland. From 2012 Nordic Mining’s share of Keliber has been 38%.